13 Words from Amanda Scott’s Highland Treasure
their definition in the Oxford English Dictionary
1. machicolation- An opening between the corbels which support
2. yett- An opening in a wall, made for the purpose of
3. forbye- In preference to, before, beyond.
4. escarpment- Ground cut into the form of an escarp for the
5. antecedents-A thing or circumstance which goes before or
6. confluence-A flowing together; the junction and union of two
7. bracken-A fern
8. desiccated-Deprived or freed of moisture; dried; (of food)
9. paduasoy-a strong, rich, silk fabric, usually slightly corded
10. camlet-A name originally applied to some beautiful and costly
11. tambour- A species of embroidery in which patterns are
12. dimity-A stout cotton fabric, woven with raised stripes or
13. prodigiously-Portentously, ominously or Wonderfully,
Leave your Link and I’ll add you here.
1. Chez le laquet!
Archive | 12:11 am