Okay, I’m just gonna go over the top. It seems like EVERYONE is purchasing or receiving an e-book reader lately. Sure they’re great. They make it possible to have instant gratification when you’re feening for a book and sure it’s convenient. But when I hear people say e-book readers change the way people read today I get scared. These are the reasons why you shouldn’t buy an e-book reader.
- When the apocalypse comes and the electric grids fail, you will have no way to charge your reader. Then what will you do with all your time.
- If you spill liquids on it you are threatening your library. Not just one book but all of them because most stores only allow you to re-download books a few times.
- When you lose your reader you will be shit out of luck. This means you will have nothing to read.
- What will you decorate your bookshelves with? They’re called BOOKshelves for a reason.
- You need to buy groceries more than you need another electronic gadget in the house.
- They cost the same amount as the paper books on your BOOKshelf.
- When you consider the materials needed to make your reader, you really aren’t doing much to save the environment.
So why shouldn’t you get an e-book reader?